About Hardwood Flooring
Did You Know?
- We are a third generation family owned and operated business and we are the oldest same family owned and operated hardwood flooring company in Canada
- Our Warranty on workmanship is valid as long as you own your home
- We use only industry leading flooring and finishes (and supply our Sanding crews with all of their supplies) which will ensure a top quality finished product. We want your floor to last a long time!
- All of our jobs are supervised from design phase to completion and we have a dedicated Sanding and Finishing Supervisor to make sure our customers get a Smith Bros quality floor every time.
- We do not work for any volume builders, which means your job won’t get bumped when they demand it.
- We have tried and tested crews and some of our installers and finishers have been with us for almost 20 years.
- Production Manager who oversees all scheduling and labour allocation, with confirmed and detailed timelines approved by the customer in advance.
- We continually strive to be green with over 80% of all cardboard and carpet underlay is recycled and we use wood from responsibly farmed sources.
- Hardwood floors can last the lifetime of the building in which they are installed. Home owners who want them to last that long, however, should note the number one enemy of a hardwood floor: moisture.
Hardwood floors naturally expand when moisture is present and shrink when it is not. Whether the reactions are a problem or not depends on the severity of the situation. Following are some of the common results when water and wood floors combine…