When installing new flooring in your home, you have two options. You can either choose a product and try to install it yourself, or come to Smith Bros Floors and have one of our experts do the work for you! While we pride ourselves on carrying top of the line products and exceptional customer service, what separates us from the competition is our specialty installation services & custom work (fabrication and install).
Our process can easily be broken down in the following categories:
1. In-home Consultation – Having trouble deciding on the look that you want to achieve? Our experts can do an in-home consultation or selection meeting in our designer showroom. We come in, evaluate the space, take measurements and draw up a preliminary design for your approval. Once the design is approved, our installation experts move forward with the project!
2. Prep / Installation – We gather the materials needed and bring the flooring to you. Our team comes in, removes the old flooring and does the prep work for the job. Once the prep work is complete, the installation begins!
3. Sanding and Finishing – Using our Bona Dustless sanding system, if the installed material was a site finished product.
4. Inspection – Once the install and/or sanding and finishing is complete, the team cleans up, does an inspection to ensure that everything is up to Smith Bros. standards, and leaves you to your new and improved flooring!
5. Follow up – From start to finish, we are there for you! And with every job we do, we always contact our customers to follow up on the completed work. We stand behind our work and welcome any feedback that you may have.
Depending on the wood type, we offer four types of installation.
• Standard Nail Down
• Glued Down
• Custom Work– Plenty of flooring companies don’t accommodate custom work. Why? A lot of resources and time go into it, and not a lot of people are trained to mill their own wood. Our custom work is all done at our shop! After we’ve gone through the planning phase, we get to work on creating the custom pieces required for the job.
At Smith Bros Floors, we’re not just flooring installers, we’re flooring experts! We’re passionate about what we do and how we do it. We know that a flooring job, no matter big or small, is always a big decision. So know that our team is by your side, ready to answer any questions that you may have to help make that big decision a little less stressful!